Asian Associations of Veterinary Schools
Strategic Plan 2022-2026
The Asian Association of Veterinary Schools (AAVS) is an international organization for veterinary educational institutions in Asia that was established in 2001 for the purpose of advancing and enhancing the education, research and public services in veterinary sciences.
Today, AAVS has over 40 active Members from East Asia, South-East Asia, and South Asia and organizes regular meetings and provides information sharing platforms for its Members. The association has a registered office, “AAVS Office,” in Japan.
Our mission is to contribute excellence in veterinary sciences by upholding animal health and welfare and safeguard human health by promoting best practices in veterinary education, research, and profession in Asia.
AAVS is recognized as a valued partner and global leader in advancing veterinary science.
1. Enhancing Veterinary Education
– To improve the quality of veterinary education
– To promote the harmonization of veterinary education
– To collaborate with various stakeholders on regional veterinary program accreditation
2. Promoting Training and Development Programs
– To promote collaboration in research, symposia, training and any other activities
– To promote staff and expert exchange and mobility
– To promote student exchange and mobility
3. Strengthening One Health Concept
– To strengthen education and training on One Health topics
– To advocate policy and activities on One Health
– To promote research and development of integrative approaches in addressing issues on One Health
4. Enhancing Operational and Partnerships
– To effectively communicate with various stakeholders
– To increase visibility and linkages
– To promote partnerships with various stakeholders of mutual interest and benefit